Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Brave girl

Are you familiar with the Brave Girls Club?  It's a website of pure positive, it's support and encouragement for women and the tag line is Let's be good to each other. I don't visit the website often but I do receive daily emails from the group. The emails are accessible in their language and tone, conversational and uplifting. This isn't Dr. Phil stuff, it's the stuff of dialog between you and a good friend.

There has been an inner turmoil brewing in me for quite some time and while I created it, heard it, worked it over and over, I haven't moved it forward to any conclusion or action. Yesterday, I took a baby step of action. It was good and it felt good and right. And then this morning, I got this email from Brave Girls Club and hello? Exactly what I needed to read.

Dear Extraordinary Girl,

Something wonderful happens to us as we are paying more attention to our souls, and at first it might not seem like such a wonderful thing. It's the day that we get flat out, undeniably SICK AND TIRED of the way things are.

If you find yourself in this place, lovely friend, take heart and know that this is the catalyst for deep and meaningful change and for the resolve it will take to get from where you don't want to be to exactly where you want to be, and never go back.

There must come a day when ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, when all of the excuses finally lose their power. There must come a day when things are so far from the path that feels like yours that you will do anything to get on the right path. THIS is a very good day, a day that deserves a thankful heart and serious consideration, attention and some of your undivided time.

So if you are sick and tired of the way things are, this is the doorway to the way things are meant to be. We must step out of what we don't want to be able to step into what we do want. It is SO WORTH IT.

Keep going, beautiful girl. You are going to get there. You are going to be ok. Everything is going to work out and this will be worth every tear you cry, every mile you walk, every hurdle you overcome.

You are so very loved.
xoxo


Project Alison 2014 has begun.

4 comments:

Terry's Girl said...

This is just what I needed to see.
thank you for sharing.
I am now signed up for my daily emails, I have also sent my daughter the link and shared with her your letter from today.

I will be sharing this on my blog as well, paying it forward.

Thank you for this.
Donna

Linda@VS said...

Good for you, Alison, for taking that first small step! "To thine own self be true..."

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I think I need to sign up for that site!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Project Alison!